"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."
What is mentoring?
- Mentoring consists of two men meeting regularly as they seek to live out their Christian lives effectively to the glory of God! Mentoring is mutually beneficial to both the mentor and mentee.
Why do we do it?
- Life can be hard. We have competing priorities, mounting societal pressures, and different challenges we all face that increasingly make living a Christian life difficult. Having Christian community to help navigate these difficulties is vital.
- Many families are not raised communally– with fathers, grandfathers, and uncles pouring into the younger men in their families and helping them through the ups and downs of life. In a mentoring relationship, a mentor will walk alongside their mentee through these ups and downs, helping them process tough questions and point them towards Christ.
How does it work?
- Your story is unique, and so is each mentoring relationship! What’s covered between mentor and mentee is completely up to you. This could look like anything from a Bible study to a casual coffee meet-up to discuss how life and faith intersect.
How long will we meet?
- This is up to you! We suggest meeting weekly for the first 4 weeks, then deciding from there what works best for you.
How do I get involved?
- To sign up as either a mentor or a mentee, click here.
- After signing up, we will prayerfully pair mentor and mentee together and will contact both parties to introduce you and help work out meeting arrangements.
- Email Alan Neely