Operation Christmas Child
The Amazing Journey of a Shoebox Gift Begins with You and Results in Evangelism, Discipleship, and Multiplication. Learn more here.
- Pack a shoebox! Shoeboxes available at the Local Missions Wall or in the atrium.
- Unable to shop? Pack a shoebox online here. These boxes will go to hard-to-reach countries.
- Serve at the Charlotte Processing Center. Sign up here.
- Serve at Westover during National Collection Week, Nov. 15-22. Sign up here.
Westover partners with Church World Services as we welcome refugees and immigrants into lives of freedom, hope, and opportunity in the Triad area by equipping them with the skills and resources necessary to achieve long-term self-sufficiency so that together we all may thrive.
- Email Rebecca Pittard to get involved or to donate items.
Afterschool Tutoring | Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays | 3:30-5:00pm
After-school tutoring and relationship building for academically at-risk Morehead Elementary students. We match the students one-on-one with tutors and provide reading activities. No teaching experience required. Email Rebecca Pittard to get involved.
Greensboro Urban Ministry
Serve in the food pantry sorting food or packaging food items for pick-up. Email Rebecca Pittard to get involved.
Meals on Wheels | 4th Wednesday of each month
Delivering meals to homebound seniors in our community. Email Rebecca Pittard to get involved.
A Simple Gesture | 2nd Sunday of each month
Food collection that supports our local food banks and pantries.
Housing Team | 3rd Saturday of each month
Using monthly home improvement projects, for those with limited resources, as a tool to serve others and share God’s grace and love. Email Westover Housing to get involved.
Meals@Grace | 2nd Wednesday of each month
Partnering with Grace Community Church serving the community through a Worship/outreach service and meal. Email Meals@Grace to get involved.
HIV/AIDS Outreach | 1st Tuesday of each month
Partnering with Higher Ground in reaching out to individuals who are living with, or affected by HIV. Higher Ground is a day facility where people come for fellowship and support as they deal with daily challenges. Email Rebecca Pittard to get involved.
Sanctity of Life
- Triad LoveLife: Saturday morning prayer walks around the Greensboro abortion clinic. Email Sanctity of Life to get involved.