Why become a member?
It identifies you as a genuine believer (Ephesians 2:19, Romans 12:5). As Westover grows, our chairs will be filled with people in all stages of growth – unbelievers, skeptics, new believers, and mature believers. You and other members share a common bond – a commitment to Christ that others in the congregation may not have.
You have a place to discover and use your spiritual gifts in ministry (1 Corinthians 12:4-27)
There are many other benefits to membership. To find out more, plan to attend our membership class. This class does not obligate you to membership, but allows you to learn more about membership, church doctrine and beliefs, and our vision.
What next steps do I take to become a member?
You’ll need to attend a Membership Class that is titled The Journey and it will focus on 6 major components:
- Together on the Journey – the priority of the local church.
- The Beginning of the Journey – priority of the Gospel and what that means for the church.
- Truth for the Journey – a focus on the scriptures and the “who, what, where, how, and so what?” of the Bible.
- Strength for the Journey – what is the role of the Holy Spirit?
- Care Along the Journey – the importance of communal living and leadership.
- Participating in the Journey – where serving, missional living, and you intersect.
Each of these components is addressed during one week of the class, and will be followed by discussion time that day. This class is conducted by pastors and other leaders of Westover. The series will conclude with an informal luncheon and Q and A with Don and Donna Miller.
Is Baptism a Requirement of Membership?
We ask that each believer, as a sign of their obedience and commitment to Christ, be baptized before completing the membership process.
How do I start the process of becoming a member or have more questions?
Connect with Mindy Dooley or (336) 299-7374 ext.1000.