Where does the giving go to when I give to Westover?
Westover Church has three permanent funds:
- General Fund – under the direction of the Deacons; used to fund ministry expense, salaries, building costs and mortgage.
- Missions Fund – under the direction of our Global Council and overseen by the Elders; used to fund our Global ministry programs including support of our extended missionary family.
- People Helping People Fund – under the direction of the Deacons; used to fund our care of the body and local ministry initiatives.
** From time to time, the Elders may approve a temporary fund, such as our current Building/Getting Ready Fund which is being used to pay down our mortgage.
What are ways I can give?
- Worship service: during each Sunday worship service, Westover will receive an offering open to anyone who calls Westover home.
- By Mail: You can make donations by traditional mail by sending to: 505 Muirs Chapel Road, Greensboro, NC 27410.
- Online: LINK HERE
**You may designate where you want your giving to go on the memo line of your check or if online via the notes field. You can also split your giving by fund. On the first Sunday of each month, all giving, unless otherwise designated, will go entirely to the Missions fund. On the last Sunday of each month, normally at the end of the service, we receive a second offering, which goes entirely to the People Helping People fund.
Will my giving be kept in confidence?
It is our strong belief that what you give is between you and the Lord. Confidentiality in contribution information is important and should never be used to guide or influence any aspect of our ministry. With regard to record retention, Westover Church only began recording financial gifts when required to do so by the IRS many years ago. Current IRS guidelines require Westover to provide an annual charitable contribution receipt for all single gifts of $250 or more. This is not a cumulative total. Annual contribution statements will be mailed by January 31st for the previous years giving.