Westover Kids Director - Elementary
About the Opportunity:
Westover Church has an immediate opening for our Westover Kids (WK)-Elementary ministry area. Each week, the church welcomes hundreds of young children from ages newborn-high school. The Elementary ministry focuses on helping those who are K-5 to grow in their knowledge of and walk with Jesus. This position reports directly to the Westover Kids Pastor and works in collaboration with three other staff members as well as hundreds of volunteers. This position is a full-time position and does include work on Sundays to assist and oversee the weekly needs of Elementary programming.
- Coordinates weekly curriculum/activities for elementary-age programming.
- Oversees all elementary-specific initiatives and outreach efforts.
- Collaborates with WK Pastor, WK Associates & volunteers to foster an environment of effective communication and teamwork.
- Regularly evaluates processes and programs to ensure ministry is run at maximum efficiency.
- Recruits, trains, equips and empowers all volunteers for the elementary aspects of Westover Kids.
- Undergraduate degree or a minimum 5 years of ministry staff experience.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and lead teams of people; highly relational in approach to team efforts.
- Clear communication skills and organizational ability.
- Adept at overseeing multiple projects or events simultaneously.
- Ability to work on Sundays to oversee weekly programming as well as scheduled events.
If interested in applying for this position, please complete Westover's employment application online. The online application allows applicants to upload a resume.
(Note: If this posting is still active, the position has not yet been filled.)
Job Type: Full Time
Contact Amy Joyner - Director of Human Resources: