About the Opportunity:
The Associate of Welcoming/Database will serve the Body of Westover by providing administrative support for all aspects of the assigned ministries, while also contributing to the strategic planning with pastoral and director leadership. The Welcoming/Database Associate is supported by the Welcoming and Membership Director with interval support from Communications & Database contacts.
Administrative – 60%
- Provide administrative support to the Welcoming and Membership Ministry and all teams involved with the ministry area.
- Keep accurate records and run needed reports (including database usage for guests/classes), provide ministry information as appropriate for website, facility scheduler, printed materials, staff, and volunteers.
- Maintain and update for database: profile information, serving application, report inquiries and data extraction in support of accurate recording and ministry support.
- Help with researching, documenting, purchasing & budget tracking for the ministry.
- Register visitors and attendees and help prepare needed materials for classes, meetings, trainings, and events; answer general ministry-related phone calls and e-mails.
- Help coordinate connections of volunteers with ministry leaders and membership/baptism interview participants with appropriate parties.
- Other administrative duties may incur, as needed.
Events & Programming - 20%
- Help with the creation and execution of: Discover Westover/Membership/Baptism Classes, Connection Events, Annual Christmas Party, Team Meetings, and Team Trainings (including class/meeting set up and tear down).
- Help support the Westover café through serving, inventory, stocking, and cleaning.
- Partner with other Westover ministries to support specific Westover events and projects, including entry of database information for visitors, prayer requests and other components collected during Sunday programming and events.
Team Contributions – 20%
- Serve with Welcoming and Membership Teams each Sunday morning.
- Assist with idea contribution toward the overall vision of the ministry area.
- Help recruit volunteers for ministry area.
- Assist ministry areas with navigation of the database and reporting features as appropriate; equip ministry areas with resources to navigate most needed functions.
- Attend all required meetings, including weekly Welcoming and Membership team meeting, monthly Staff Chapel, monthly staff meeting, and other meetings, as needed.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following aptitudes:
- 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative capacity
- Experience in ministry (paid or lay)
- Semi-advanced understanding and ability in computer functions, especially with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Ability to learn and work with database systems and maintain accurate records
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with other team members; relational with strong sense of responsibility
- Strong ability and capacity to manage multiple projects and on-going tasks during heavy seasons
- Proactive disposition, flexibility, and adaptation to changing tasks and ministry needs
- Availability to work Sunday–Thursday
- Experience in and understanding of event promotion, with an eye for presentation
- A heart for the church and ministry, especially in welcoming and connecting people
Interested candidates should fill out the Westover job application.
Job Type: Full Time
Contact Delilah Flores - HR Director: