About the Opportunity:
Internships at a Glance
Summers are a huge opportunity for ministry experience at Westover Church! There are numerous events, camps and trips designed to enhance our interns’ faith walk, as they partner with ministry staff to see God work through our participants’ lives and programs! With this increase in activity, the role of interns and the assistance they provide is vital to our ministry efforts at Westover.
We currently offer internships in three different ministry areas:
Westover Kids (birth-5th grade)
Impact (Middle School)
9th Grade Crossover
Global Ministries (Missions)
The specifics of each internship may be adjusted to fit the strengths and passions of the intern, but you can click on the ministry specific links below to see a list of potential events and responsibilities. We do ask that applicants prayerfully consider this process and limit their application to a maximum of two ministry areas; we seek to match you not just with a position to fill your summer, but one which you feel the Lord may be calling you to or has gifted you for!
- At least 18 years of age, authorized to work in the U.S.
- One year of college completed, with intent to enroll Fall 2019
- Reliable transportation to work
- Ability to work schedule as needed for specific ministry area
- Intermediate/Advanced level with Microsoft Office products
- Acceptable background check results post-job offer
- Able to work from late May/early June-early August
Interns are compensated at a rate of $10/hour.
Please return the completed application to Amy Joyner
Ministry leaders will follow up with applicants and positions will be posted on our website until filled.
- Support of all Sunday programming for Westover Kids
- Event involvement: Bible presentation, Vacation Bible School, WinShape, Fall planning
- Meet regularly with Westover Kids’ staff and attend Westover staff meetings.
- Participate in programs/meetings with Westover Kids’ staff which are designed to develop interns’ spiritual growth and enhance their walk with Jesus
Student Ministries (Middle School/Crossover):
Events: Mars Hill Mission Camp (8th grade), Merriwood Camp (6th-7th grade), Impact Sundays (6th-8th grade), Crossover (8th and 9th grade)
- Lead various areas/roles within events listed above
- Connect transitional grades to next ministry step (5thà6th, 8thà9th)
- Meet regularly with Student Ministry Staff and Westover All Staff
- Develop skills and grow spiritually throughout summer
- Provide administrative support for missionary families and Global Ministries Staff
- Participate in Global Ministries events (Global Updates and/or potluck lunches) that promote congregational awareness
- Attend weekly Global Ministries staff meetings and monthly Westover All Staff meetings
Job Type: Part Time
Pay Rate: $10 per hour
Contact Amy Joyner - Director of Human Resources: