Kids Care Coordinator
About the Opportunity:
Part-Time (average 10-15 hrs./month). Hours may fluctuate depending on ministry needs.
The Kids Care Coordinator will serve the Body of Westover by leading the team of paid workers who minister during Sunday services, AWANA, and other occasional events. The Westover Kids Pastor supports this position.
- Recruit workers as needed to ensure appropriate ratios of adults to children are achieved.
- Schedule volunteers to help paid workers in classrooms as needed, track hours/timesheets for workers and provide a report for payroll purposes and provide hire paperwork for workers.
- Communicate with ministry leaders, parents, and teachers, serving as a liaison between respective parties.
- Procure supplies/equip with crafts & Bible stories/verses for the classrooms prior to the start of programming.
- Supervise the classrooms during programming, floating between rooms to observe, check in with workers, or fill in if necessary.
- Assist parents with the check-in process and/or address concerns about their children.
- Notify parents if it is necessary for them to come to their child’s classroom during programming.
- Events to cover (subject to expansion as workforce permits)
- Interview, hire, and train new workers on safety procedures and protocols, with the support of Human Resources.
- Meet regularly with ministry leaders to provide feedback, updates and discuss questions or concerns.
- Attend Westover staff meetings as available. Ministry leader will advise accordingly.
- At least 21 years of age
- Strong administrative skills: ability to communicate effectively with others (verbal & written)
- Attention to detail in maintaining good practices & consistency within classrooms.
- Ability to schedule workers & meet the needs of ministry participants.
- Prior experience with childcare; classroom oversight preferred.
- May need to attend/work on Tuesdays/Wednesdays mornings from (8:15am-12:15pm) for programming as well as any setup work prior to.
- Preferred experience with recruitment, interviewing, screening applications and training.
Interested candidates should fill out the Westover job application.
Job Type: Part Time
Contact Delilah Flores: