About the Opportunity:
Westover Church has an immediate opening for its new position of International Pastor. We are excited to fill this role, as it supports Westover’s vision of furthering the Gospel and strengthening partnership with our diverse local community. The International Pastor will implement and oversee a ministry design for various ethnic groups both within and outside of Westover. This may include specific programming, community relations and outreach events. We are looking for someone who will be willing to engage with our current church body while also creating opportunities in the community to draw others into the international ministry. This role is supported by the Missional Life Pastor and works in conjunction with the Global Missions Pastor. While the bulk of this role consists of ministering to local groups and church members, international travel may be required approximately 2-3 times per year.
- Develop, integrate and lead the growth strategies for various ethnic groups (e.g. Hispanic/Latino, Chinese/African/Middle Eastern, South & Southeast Asian)
- Oversee involvement of groups with current Westover Church life communities (examples include student life, local/global service opportunities, retreats, etc); recommend strategies for integration while also honoring cultural uniqueness
- Develop a missional process to reach the unchurched in Westover’s local neighborhood and in Greensboro
- Continue outreach efforts through Camp Allelu (annually) and partnership with Newcomers School
- Advocate among church leadership for approaches which support the current community and future growth of ethnic diversity at Westover
- Equip and train ministry leadership for groups already in place as well as recruit new leadership
- Shepherd congregation through discipleship and teaching – majority of the time spent with the various ethnic communities at Westover
- Participate in worship services, weddings, funerals, baptisms and communion as needed
- Undergraduate degree (Seminary training or degree preferred)
- Willingness to pursue graduate level ministry degree, if not already in process
- At least 2 years’ professional/career level experience working with similarly situated ministry area
- Prior overseas ministry experience is not required but preferred
- Ability to travel up to 3x per year (each trip 1+ week in duration) for missionary visitation
Partial relocation assistance may be available to applicants who are located outside of the Greensboro/Triad area. Further information is supplied to those applicants who are interviewed.
Interested candidates should complete a Westover Church application (resume may be submitted as a supplemental document ONLY).
Contact Amy Joyner, HR Director with any other questions.
Job Type: Full Time
Contact Amy Joyner - Director of Human Resources: